Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines Company produces and markets
the wines of Sterling Vineyards, Sterling Vintner's Collection, Tessera,
The Monterey Vineyard, and the sparkling wines of Mumm Cuv?e Napa. The company is the exclusive U.S. importer of Mumm and Perrier-Jou?t Champagnes, Barton & Guestier wines, San Telmo Wines from Argentina, Brancott Vineyards Wines from New Zealand and Sandeman Ports and Sherries and several other wines. Seagram's wine properties are in the midst of acquisition by Diageo.
Since 1997, Freerun Technologies has maintained a close working
relationship with Diageo, essentially helping them to succeed
on the Internet. We have consulted with them on many aspects
of online marketing, and built
numerous sites and internal applications for them. Highlights
- Buy Book - Intranet tool for Diageo product managers to plan and
budget in-store marketing campaigns
- Image management system for marketers to obtain digital files of product labels and collateral
- About Wines ? Consumer site featuring Seagram properties and cool database selection tools
- EatDrinkDine ? Consumer site pairing thousands of food and wine combinations
- Site designs for all of the major domestic Diageo wine labels, including
Sterling, Mumm, B&G, and Monterey Vineyard.
EatDrinkDine is the most comprehensive wine and food guide on
the Web. The site has unique features that separate it from competitors, such
as multi-directional pairing where the user can start with a food or a wine.
Once users acquire a list of varietals to pair with their food they can also
access recommendations of specific wines from the Diageo portfolio and view
those wine fact sheets on AboutWines.com. FreeRun's proprietary XML content
system, UniDox, had the database horsepower to build and maintain this massive
site, with an estimated 16,000 pages and 78,000 links.